Vision: Responsive, pioneering and electronic-based department leading to high-quality service.
Mission: Ensuring the smooth flow of information and correspondence to and from the Presidency Department and taking official procedures on them and archiving them in order to achieve an attractive work environment.
- Providing a stimulating and attractive work environment.
- Strengthening the bridges of communication between the university and its surroundings.
- Providing information accurately and quickly.
- Strengthening the positive relations between the Presidency Department and the rest of the university departments.
Values: – The values, principles, ethics and behaviors adopted by the Presidency Department in carrying out its mission represent the directions of the university and derive them from the values of Tafila Technical University, including
1- A sense of responsibility and belonging.
2- Transparency and accountability.
3- Teamwork and the spirit of team.
4- Building a partnership with the university’s deanships, colleges, departments, centers and offices.
The Presidency Department is the link between the University President, the colleges of the University, departments, centers and administrative units, on the one hand, and between the President of the University, the official and civil institutions and various local and international events outside the University on the other hand. Besides, it includes international departments.
Office of the President
The Office of the President was established in September 2005 and carries out a large number of tasks:
- Following up contacts and correspondences of the President of the University.
- Creating official documents issued by the University President.
- Cooperating with the Department of Cultural and Public Relations to coordinate with the audio-visual, audio and print media in general and the representatives of local newspapers in particular to cover the University’s various news.
- Participating in preparing conferences and scientific seminars inside and outside the University.
- Coordinating between the University and Jordanian, Arab and international scientific institutions to facilitate the mission of visits of delegations coming from these bodies and delegations participating from the University to these bodies.
- Preparing draft scientific and cultural cooperation agreements between the University, other universities and scientific and research institutions.
- Coordinating with the University Liaison Office in Amman in the preparation of official documents that are easy to send from Amman to institutions and companies located in the capital.
Secretariat of the Councils
This department was established in September 2005 and has the following duties:
- Organizing and Setting up the meetings of the University Councils (the Board of Trustees, the University Council and the Deans’ Council) and the Appointment and Promotion Committee, preparing the minutes of the meetings, drafting their decisions and distributing them as appropriate.
- Providing faculty members with the decisions of the Board of Deans on each of them as well as archiving them electronically.
- The Department has adopted a new mechanism of presenting the issues of the meetings of the various University Councils on screens linked to a main device controlled by the Secretary of the Council, all of which is geared to speed and accuracy.
The Central Bureau is the link between the University and governmental and private institutions through performing the following tasks:
- Receiving, classifying, recording and transferring the official documents of the University to the concerned units and departments.
- Exporting the documents issued by the University and distributing them as appropriate.
- Saving and organizing records and files and negotiating them when needed.
Excellence in providing services to achieve a competitive university environment.
- To ensure smooth flow of information and correspondence to and from the department, taking procedure formalities on them and archiving them in order to achieve an attractive work environment.
- To provide a stimulating and attractive work environment
- To reinforce the bridges of communication between the university and its satellite departments.
- Provide information accurately and quickly
- To ensure smooth flow of information and correspondence to and from the department, and taking official procedures and decisions on them and archiving them in an attractive work environment.
- To promote positive relations between the Presidency Department and the remaining departments of the university.
The values, principles, ethics and behaviors adopted by the Presidency in carrying out its mission represent the university and derive from the values of Tafila Technical University, including.
- A sense of responsibility and affiliation.
- Transparency and accountability.
- Teamwork and team spirit.
- Building up a partnership with the university’s deanships, colleges, departments, centers and offices.
The Presidency Department is the link between the Presidency of the University and the people who deal with it, and it is responsible for organizing the work of the Presidency in terms of:
Organizing data, information, documents, communications, and outgoing and incoming correspondence related to all works of the Presidency, supervising their registration, distribution, archiving, documenting them paper and electronically, and dealing with them institutionally.