TTU seeks to be a leading university with a prestigious international scientific reputation that is able to domesticate and assimilate technical development and employ applied scientific methods to meet the current and future needs of the community.
TTU seeks to prepare a generation that is capable of satisfying the community’s vocational, academic, industrial and cultural needs, and the requirements of sustainable development.
- To offer study programs and disciplines of applied technology according to international academic standards.
- To support applied scientific research in accordance with the standards of advanced research, and employ it for the realization of economic and social development in Jordan.
- To attract outstanding academic faculty, raise their capabilities, and ensure the continuation of their work for the university.
- To have a campus with potentials to polish students’ personalities, develop their skills, and cultivate their spirits of creativity and innovation.
- To enhance cooperation between the university and the local community.
- To develop TTU campus and provide public services and the necessary infrastructure.
- To support quality assurance which contributes to the development of the university.
- To efficiently manage financial resources
Points of Strength and Weakness
Points of Strength
- The academic reputation which the university realized within a short period through its participation in international conferences, and conclusion of international agreements.
- Existence of applied scientific and engineering disciplines that are not offered at other Jordanian universities such as Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and heating Engineering, and automobile mechanics.
- Existence of young distinctive faculty members holding a variety of scientific qualifications.
Points of Weakness
- Absence of proportionality in the percentages of administrative and teaching staff
- Lack of academic staff in some subspecialties.
- Inadequacy of financial resources
Opportunities and challenges
- Geographical location of the university near a number of major industrial companies such as: Potash, Fertilizers, Cement, and Phosphate
- Population growth in Tafila
- Location of the university in a tourist area near the Gulf of Aqaba and highway.
- The increasing number of universities along with their capacities.
- Expansion in the parallel programs by public and private universities
- Lack of the governmental financial support to TTU.