First: Creating a Set of New Systems
– The advanced system of computerized examinations, the second edition.
– The archive system of bureaus.
– The computerized follow-up system of work and vacations.
– Library periodicals and cataloguing system
– Clinic System
– Medical laboratories system.
– Warehouses and supplies system – the first edition
– Provident fund system.
– Bank Cheque issuance system and pending cheque follow up system
– Medical insurance system
– On campus accommodation system.
-Direct connection system with the Ministry of Higher Education for the issuance of statistical reports.
– System of obligatory military service for male students
– Electronic questionnaire system
– Online broadcasting system of the university radio
. -Phone Directory system
Second: Developing the Following Systems:
– Student Affairs System
-Acceptance and Registration System (through):
- The addition of many new reports to the system in order to help registrars perform their work more quickly and accurately.
- The services provided by the admission and registration system have been updated to comply with amended regulations and instructions.
– Developing the website of the university and adding many sub-electronic sites to it such as the website of Jordan Journal of Electrical Engineering (JJEE).
– Developing revenues and funds system by adding many reports to it.
Third: Maintaining direct connection between various systems
– Connection with the Active Directory
– Connection with e-learning systems
– Connection with library systems which are based on Horizon.
Fourth: Preparing infrastructure to replace old servers and databases
– Identifying the licenses that are necessary for the new servers.
-Studying the features of new servers, and identifying the basic requirements servers should meet.
– Updating oracle databases from10g to 11g oracle.
In line with the philosophy of Tafila Technical University in keeping pace with technology and making use of it in supporting the academic process and improving the tools for measuring student levels, it was decided to establish the Computer Examinations Division at the University’s Computer Center in 2018/2019 to contribute to facilitating the examination process and saving time and effort And article.
- Holding level exams for new students.
- Computerizing the compulsory and optional course exams for the university and colleges.
- Holding level examinations for new students over the past semesters and giving statistics to decision-makers at the university about success, failure and excellence rates, and preparing applicants for the exam, whether from new students or for old students who were accepted in the previous semesters and were unable to take the exams.
- Holding monthly and final computerized exams for some of the compulsory and optional courses for the university and colleges and for some specialization subjects in the departments over the past semesters.
This section technically supervises the university’s wired and wireless network, manages and maintains network appliances, solves technical malfunctions, and prepares periodic reports about the status of networks. The section further performs any other relevant task assigned to it by the director of the center or the university administration. Networks Section is one of the most key sections in the computer center, it has a many responsibilities such as, following up the network infrastructure around the university, monitoring the main and sub switches, in order to avoid problems occurrence. It is also responsible for monitoring and upgrading the wireless network in the university campus to provide staffs and student with several services via Wi-Fi network. It is mainly responsible for establishing the requirements for different electronic systems such as CCTV system and attendance system and supporting them continuously. As well as preparing the optimal specifications of related IT devices according to the latest versions & edge technologies. General computerized exams such also fall on the network section shoulders. One of the key role of the section is to hold training sessions for graduated IT students in the university to provide them with practical and technical information about how the works are done inside the computer center.
1- Developing the wireless network at the university which covers all university’s facilities and provides wireless communication for workers and students.
2- Upgrading the wireless network by using focal points of (153) link.
3- Completing the Electronic Surveillance System project (CCTV) with a total of 183 high-quality cameras in addition to (3) PTZ cameras which have super quality and accuracy.
4- Updating wireless network by using a supporter device (Clear-Pass) No.(2)
5- Updating wireless network by using a main controller (WLC) No.(2).
6- Upgrading Wireless network by using a wireless network device management and monitoring (Air-wave).
7- Preparing infrastructure for electronic surveillance center which is equipped with high-speed servers, saving data devices, power-saving devices, and displays.
8- Following-up the effectiveness of the external network and its sustainability with the Jordanian universities Network Inc. (JUNET).
9- Constantly observing the components of the main network that are distributed in the university’s buildings in order to avoid technical problems.
10- Preparing specifications for the integrated project “wired network modernization” within the university.
11- Updating the wired network by using the dispensers of the main network (Core Switch) (2) with a high-efficiency at a speed up to 2.56 TB.
12- Updating the wired network of servers by installing dispensers of the main network (TOR Switch) No. (2) which has a high-efficiency speed of 80 GB.
13- Replacing the device of initial protection (PIX Firewall) with a new device (Fortigate 1500D), which performs a set of tasks, i.e: security (anti-spam, anti-virus, web-filtering, IPS, VPN).
14- Monitoring the performance of wired and wireless networks through the secondary protection device (Mcafee-Web-Gateway).
15- Preparing the necessary infrastructure for the wired network in the building of the TTU radio to provide the service of online broadcasting on the university’s website.
16- Preparing network infrastructure to monitor fingerprint devices that are distributed throughout the campus.
19- Furnishing Potash Theater within the university with wired and wireless internet network, preparing infrastructure and establishing a local network at the nursery school of the university..
20- Establishing wired and wireless computer networks in the laboratories of the colleges of engineering and science to ensure the safety and security of computerized examinations.
21- Creating an isolated wireless network in the presidency meeting room in the university campus.
22- Preparing criteria for a number of Central Technical Tenders to provide the Section of Central Tenders with.
23- Preparing criteria for computer offices
24- Using a suitable network to run academic proficiency tests for the students who are expected to graduate.
25- Conducting specialized training courses for the university students.
26- Participating in specialized workshops on computer networks at the level of Jordanian universities through cross-linked Jordanian universities Inc. (JUNET) because of their importance for keeping pace with the evolution of the technology sector at the level of networking.
28- Devoting computer laboratories, computer network and maintenance expertise for the service of the local community.
29- Conducting a study about the needs of the new building of the Computer and Information Technology Center.
- Installing and running (Backup to disk) system.
- Updating and developing the backup system by using (Storewize V7000) device.
- Updating the backup system to be (7.7)
- Updating servers of databases and developing them through the supply of (POWER8) servers.
- Renewing of security certificates systems to protect the software which the Computer Center provides for 2016/2017
- Ensuring operational safety and readiness of all servers in the Computer Center for the year 2015.
- Ensuring data security on servers and protecting them for the year 2015
- Managing, operating, maintaining and ensuring the security of the backup system for the year 2015.
- Managing, operating, maintaining and ensuring the security of electronic storage system for the year 2015.
- Replacing, operating and ensuring the readiness of the new central storage unit.
- Running anti-virus software system on all of computers and servers to ensure the security of work environment.
- Applying the policy of the safe entry during the periods of computerized examinations.
- Setting high quality standards and specifications to buy server or replace backup devices.
- Reforming the data of a large number of university servers, which have been exposed to technical failures.
- Establishing the new e-learning system and connecting it with the university’s other electronic systems.
- Updating the operating system of the website of the university, and creating an equivalent operating system for emergency situations.
- Installing and operating a number of new computer server