Ethics and Malpractice Statement
Duties of JJEE Editorial Board:
JJEE Editorial Board follows the necessary procedures and policies provided by the Scientific Research Support Fund/Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in Jordan to ensure the quality of the material published. The Editorial Board makes the decision of accepting or rejecting articles, based on academic and scientific merits only. The Editorial Board selects specialized peer reviewers with sufficient expertise and no conflicts of interest. Extreme care is taken by the editorial staff to prevent any disclosure of any data about the submitted manuscripts to anyone other than the corresponding author and reviewers.
Authors interested in publishing in JJEE should adhere to the followings:
- Submitted manuscript must represent the authors' own original work.
- Submitted manuscript must not be submitted, or under consideration for publication in any other journal.
- Author/s is/are responsible for the contents of the manuscript.
- Submitted manuscript must make reference to and cite all relevant publications that have been used in the work.
- Corresponding author must read and sign the copyright release form.
Duties of Reviewers:
- Reviewers should assess the manuscript on scientific merits, indicating originality, accuracy of results, adequacy of references, clarity and organization of the manuscript.
- Reviewers should address research and publication ethics issues (i.e., whether they think the research was done and reported ethically, or if they have any suspicions of plagiarism, fabrication, falsification, or redundant publication).
- Reviewers should declare any conflict of interest.
- Reviewers should keep the confidentiality of the material.
- Reviewers who feel unqualified to review the manuscript, or unable to review it promptly should notify the Editor-in-Chief and excuse themselves.
- Reviewers should write a detailed report on their review to be communicated to the authors.
- Reviewers should do the reviewing process in a timely manner.
When a manuscript submitted for publication is received, an acknowledgement of receipt is conveyed to all authors. All submitted manuscripts are subject to a preliminary editors' evaluation. The editorial board may reject a paper without peer reviewing when it is deemed unsuitable for the journal’s readers or is of poor quality. The decision not to send a manuscript for peer review is only based on the scientific content of the paper. If the manuscript is found suitable for possible publication, the Editorial Board selects two peer reviewers to review the manuscript. The reviewers are asked to make clear recommendations to accept or reject the manuscript, or require major or minor changes. Based on the reviewers' reports and recommendations, the editorial board decides whether the article is suitable for publication or not. The decision along with the reviewers' reports is sent to the authors.
JJEE does not accept any type of plagiarism. JJEE holds no responsibility for plagiarism. All authors submitting a manuscript to JJEE should confirm by a written statement that their manuscript has not been copied in whole or in part from other works. All submitted manuscripts are checked for plagiarism, duplicate or redundant publication by using anti-plagiarism software. Furthermore, the reviewers are asked to report any unethical issues or misconduct. If a published article is found to be a duplicate or redundant publication, a note of retraction will be published. Retracted papers should be retained online, and they should be prominently marked as a retraction in all online versions for the benefit of future readers.
Opinions expressed in JJEE are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the editorial board, or the policy of the publisher or the Scientific Research Support Fund/Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Jordan.