Faculty of Science
Acting Dean, Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science at TTU was started on the first day of the academic year 2005-2006 with two departments, chemistry and Physics. A new program in mathematics with computer science branch was established in the following second semester of the same academic year. Since then, the Faculty has been working on establishing of B.Sc. programs in several branches of science on modern bases. In the chemistry department two B.Sc. programs have been developed, namely, chemistry and chemical technology. The faculty of science and from the first day pointed new members from diverse academic backgrounds and are committed to offering quality education to our students in a dynamic learning environment. The faculty members always strive to link the real world with classroom instructions to provide better education to students. Moreover, plans for a large faculty building are now ready hoping to start the construction in the near future. In the new building all the facilities such as teaching laboratories, research laboratories, classroom, will be established. With high ambition and efforts I hope that the Faculty of science at TTU will be one of the highly standard faculties among Jordanian universities.
Vision and mission
Faculty of Science is seeking a leadership in the field of higher education through the establishment of an educational research and knowledge excellence in technical studies and community service. Continuing to education a high quality teaching and research. The faculty is pursuing modern methods of teaching and put forward innovative solutions to the problems of scientific and environmental problems facing the community.
The implementation is done with the use of advanced techniques and within a broad outlook horizon, and consistent vision. Faculty of Science with the University vision integrate and seek to contribute to solving problems of the local community and promote cultural awareness by professional development and provide distinct quality education. The Faculty of Science is giving a special importance to training programs that allow trainee to be able to perform professional high level technical skills with the help of modern and sophisticated programs. Due to the community urgent need to build modern technology, which is based mainly on a solid scientific basis, the faculty is committed to provide a solid base of basic science (Physics - Mathematics - Chemistry). For these reasons, the decision to establish a science college at Tafila technical University, was taken. We hope this will be the nucleus to provide the labor market with distinct graduates having scientific skills trained to work in the field of education and research centers or industry.
To provide students with technical knowledge and practical skills that will enable them to work as professionals in industry and other organizations.
1. Helping the growth and development of the local community by providing the output of potential scientific and technical quality graduates.
2. Encourage and support scientific research and strengthening the role of technical college in finding solutions to some of the problems faced by individuals and public or private sector organizations in accordance with the scientific developments and new technologies.
3. To encourage scientific authors to translate various sciences to Arabic language.
4. Developing and updating the curriculum according to modern scientific developments as well as training for faculty and administrative in college to keep up with contemporary development in various fields.
5. Play a positive role in the field of scientific research that contributes to the global progress, and find solutions appropriate to the requirements of life with advanced technology.
6. Develop students' abilities to deal with problems in a scientific manner based on survey, analysis and then conclude substantive solutions to the problems at hand.
7. Inform students about the various scientific theories and research, enabling them to discover their abilities and knowledge dimensions.
8. Train students in laboratory with on-hand experiments to absorb modern technology.
9. Distinct qualified students to secure their careers to government institutions and industry or continue their academic achievement.
10. Supporting research centers , industries and the education sector in the Kingdom by allowing scientists and experts to participate in their activities.
11. Developing the spirit of scientific research in students and encourage innovation.
12. Provide technical consultancy and technology to solve the problems of the surrounding environment.
13. Contribute to bridge the shortfall in teaching of science in various educational institutions.