The Unit of Admission and Registration was established at the beginning of the academic year 2005/2006 and gradually developed in parallel with the development of the faculties and rapid increase of students at the university. The Unit, in coordination with the concerned authorities at the university and the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, prepares the admission plan for the academic year and monitors its implementation in terms of admission date, admission percentage, the majors that are open for admission, and the number of students admitted in each major. In addition, it keeps full records of students’ academic progress and documents them using modern methods and techniques.
The Unit of Admission and Registration at TTU is the students’ gateway to the university which oversees educational affairs and provides services supporting the educational process. It considers students as the future of the nation; and its work is not restricted to specific seasons but, rather, it is a continuous and permanent activity. Furthermore, the Unit works hard to faicilitate university life for students as well as faculty members by providing them with computerized services in an efficient and effective manner in cooperation with the Computer and Information Technology Center in order to keep pace with changing technology and student expectations, making university life both manageable and enjoyable.
MessageThe Unit of Admission and Registration at Tafila Technical University is dedicated to providing distinct and unique academic services through highly efficient and qualified staff who demonstrate competency in using advanced and sophisticated systems, and in implementing fast, practical, and accurate procedures in order to meet the satisfaction of service recipients and fully comply with the confidentiality and ethics of the profession.
VisionOur vision is to demonstrate excellence and leadership in the academic services that are provided in the fields of admission and registration by using the most up-to-date technologies adopted by the leading world universities.
The Unit of Admission and Registration is considered one of the main administrative units at the university as it directly deals with students and provides them with important services and guidance. The most important tasks entrusted to it are the following:
Implementing the instructions of awarding bachelor’s, master’s, and general diploma degrees.
- Preparing the annual academic calendar.
- Compiling lists of students dismissed from their majors and informing the concerned authorities of their names accordingly.
- Announcing the deadlines for moving from one major into another within the university, or leaving the university for another one, as well as applying the regulations and instructions to complete the transition process.
- Checking teaching load for faculty members.
- Providing the transcripts of students who are on grants for their sponsoring agencies at the end of each semester.
- Preparing the final exam schedule at the end of each semester, and resolving discrepancies in coordination with the deanship of colleges.
- Monitoring grades of students and computerizing them in writing after they are adopted and approved by all colleges, as well as calculating quarterly and cumulative averages.
- Considering the situation of students whose transactions need to be sent to the Commission to decide on students’ academic issues.
- Checking the files of the students expected to graduate and confirming that they have completed the requirements to receive the university degree.
- Following up and checking the study plans of the offered and new programs as well as considering emendations
Announcing for admission to graduate programs in the official newspapers and on the university website.