- To offer study programs and disciplines of applied technology according to international academic standards.
- To support applied scientific research in accordance with the standards of advanced research, and employ it for the realization of economic and social development in Jordan.
- To attract outstanding academic faculty, raise their capabilities, and ensure the continuation of their work for the university.
- To have a campus with potentials to polish students’ personalities, develop their skills, and cultivate their spirits of creativity and innovation.
- To enhance cooperation between the university and the local community.
- To develop TTU campus and provide public services and the necessary infrastructure.
- To support quality assurance which contributes to the development of the university.
- To efficiently manage financial resources.
Points of Strength and Weakness
Points of Strength
- The academic reputation which the university realized within a short period through its participation in international conferences, and conclusion of international agreements.
- Existence of applied scientific and engineering disciplines that are not offered at other Jordanian universities such as Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and heating Engineering, and automobile mechanics.
- Existence of young distinctive faculty members holding a variety of scientific qualifications.
Points of Weakness
- Absence of proportionality in the percentages of administrative and teaching staff
- Lack of academic staff in some subspecialties.
- Inadequacy of financial resources
Opportunities and challenges
- Geographical location of the university near a number of major industrial companies such as: Potash, Fertilizers, Cement, and Phosphate
- Population growth in Tafila
- Location of the university in a tourist area near the Gulf of Aqaba and highway.
- The increasing number of universities along with their capacities.
- Expansion in the parallel programs by public and private universities
- Lack of the governmental financial support to TTU.